Friday, May 6, 2011

Self congratulations

So, I am sitting here with my daughter babbling and happily drooling all over herself in my lap and it is glorious for all kinds of reasons.  But the one I want to share has to do with her face,  I am very happy to report that after trying commercial preparations that didn't work, her horrible teething rash has cleared up with a little help from my frankincense and myrrh balm and my unscented calendula soap.  I was hesitant about using essential oils on her so I only used a tiny amount of the balm (like a fingernail sliver's worth on each cheek) and it worked.  After one day most of the redness was gone, after three days, the entire rash has disappeared. I think I'm the happiest of the two of us because her main goal right now is to GET THE KITTY and is pretty oblivious to her face, haha. But still, I congratulate myself.

In other news, I got a shipment of oils and lye and am ready to create some cold process soap madness this weekend and I will be focusing on all natural soap this time around.  I think that this is the route I want my business to follow, more and more natural products and less synthetic fragrances.  I love the fragrances too, but they don't have the healing benefits mother nature provides, as my daughter's face so eloquently testifies to.  I'm working on an all natural perfume too, which is exciting and I'll admit it, very difficult to make something really original.  but it will happen, oh yes, it will.

I'm also having a little sale going on at my Etsy shop, stop in and check it out! www.mestee.etsy.com

 Have a good day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment